Hit Like A Girl Details, Dates and Updates for the 2017 International Drumming Competition
Get Ready World. The 6th Annual 2017 Hit Like A Girl international contest for female drummers is just weeks away and female drummers of all ages and abilities from around the world are invited to join the celebration. In preparation for the start of the event, its organizers have announced the contest schedule along with several changes that are intended to increase participation and upgrade the benefits for all participants.
- The 2017 contest opens for entries on Wednesday, February 1, 2017. Entries close on Monday, March 13. This year the contest is being expanded to include separate categories for Drum set, World Percussion, Marching Percussion and Concert Percussion. To enter, participants merely post their videos on YouTube or Vimeo and register at www.hitlikeagirlcontest.com.
- Each entry will be reviewed by a panel of professional educators from the Sabian Education Network, Vic Firth Private Drum Teachers program and D’Addario Education Collective. All entrants will receive written feedback on their performances along with a digital “Power Pack” containing free educational material and special offers from HLAG Sponsors.
- Each week during the entry period, one winner will be chosen in the under and over 18 age divisions by a panel of industry executives. These winners will be selected based on their performance, passion and potential and announced on February 13, 20 and 27 and March 6, 13 and 20.
- The 20 top-ranked videos along with specially-selected “Wild Cards” in each age group will move on to the final round. Public voting and professional judging on the finalists’ videos will run from Monday, March 20 through Sunday, April 2.
- The popular winners as well as the top judges’ selections in the Drum Set and Percussion categories in the upper and lower age groups— plus the Achievement Award recipients— will be announced on Thursday, April 6. Winners will receive drum gear and prizes valued at more than $15,000.