Drummer • Yoga instructor • founder of “Beats de Roots” • Committee Member of Women In Music Japan • Organiser of “Okaeri Projekt”
Born in Hiroshima, Japan, Aine Fujioka moved to the United States at the age of nineteen to study drums and jazz composition at the renowned Berklee College of Music in Boston. Since her graduation, she has been actively playing worldwide.
With her well-known steady and deep groove, Aine goes across different genres and continents.
She is one of the very few Japanese or female drummers who played regularly on the legendary Boston music scene. As a long-time member of the Boston-based indie rock band The Grownup Noise, she went on US tours and performed at the South by Southwest (SXSW) festival in Austin, Texas. She has played with soul vocalist Iyeoka whom she now tours with worldwide since 2008 until before the corona pandemic.
After moving to New York in 2011, Aine quickly became one of the most popular drummers on the city’s Blues scene. There she has played with Grammy Winners and nominees such as Bill Sims Jr. and Vasti Jackson.
Since 2015, her music career continues in Berlin, where she re-gains and re-assures her passion and love for music. Her current projects include Tellavision, Carlos Dalelane Band, and Ben Barritt, among other singer-songwriters.
Aine is also actively engaging in developing workshops `Beats de Roots´ for artists to develop physical and mental strength, and American NPO Women in Music Japan to support women in the music industry as a communication committee chair.
Mika Watanabe was born in Yokosuka, Japan in 1988. She started playing drums at age of 16, as a member of “Spitz” cover band formed with her high school friends. She decided to be the professional drummer at age of 18 and joined so many various jam sessions. Since then, Mika has been working professionally and performed for numerous bands and artists in Tokyo, Japan.
She studied at the drummers training institution “Muraishi Drum Dojo” for about 3 years, and now, she continues studying with well known drummer, Shiino Kyoichi.
In 2018, Mika was selected as the finalist of the Hit Like A Girl Contest in the over 18 age group. In 2020, she was selected as the Japan Regional champion in the over 18 age group.
Mika likes music irrespective of the genre that floats in various scenes. Especially loves Stevie Nicks, Alicia Keys, Hikaru Utada, YUKI, Kazuya Yoshii, Dave Grohl. Her dream is to perform with them in her own band.
Continuing to explore roots of many music, art, and culture deeply, through the drums, is her lifework. Besides being a drummer, she works as a music blogger which is another one of her passions in addition to drumming.
Mika plays drum and provides vocals for the band, “Hodie”.
Born in Saitama Prefecture in 2002, Kanade Sato was familiar with Jazz fusion and Pop music from an early age. She self-taught the melody of “Spain” (Chick Corea), before speaking words. She started playing drums at 3 years old, and decided to become a professional drummer at 5 years old.
- 2021 (19 years old) • Performed on “FUJI ROCK FESTIVAL’21” as a member of NHK E-Tele “Musika Piccolino”. Drum sticks Endorsement contract with Alpha Drumworks.
- 2020 (18 years old)· Appeared in on-line event “DRUMHEAD LIVE 2020”. (Other performers include legendary drummers such as Steve Gadd, Peter Erskine and Simon Phillips.) Participated in the albums “World Journey” and “Best of Instrumental” of Rie a.k.a. Suzaku.
- 2019 (16 years old)· Joined the album of Rie a.k.a. Suzaku (which is known as one of the few female technical guitarists.). It’s her major 1st album “Top Runner”.· Appeared at “METAL MATSURI” held in London as a support member of Rie a.k.a. Suzaku.
- 2018 (15 years old)· Performed on “ASAGIRI JAM 2018” as a member of NHK E-Tele “Musika Piccolino”.
- 2017 (14 years old)· TV program NHK E-Tele “Musika Piccolino (Season 5)” appeared as “Lunetta”.· Endorsement contract with Pearl Drums.· Formed “Ear Candy Jazz Factory” with Rei Narita (Pf) and Naoko Sakurai (Bs). Held a debut live in Jakarta.
- 2016 (13 years old)· Appeared in Singapore Drum Fest 2016. Accomplished her first overseas foray.
- 2014 (11 years old)· Won the “Grand Prix” award in global competition of women drummer “HIT LIKE A GIRL” Under 18 Age Group.
- 2013 (10 years old)· Participated in the recording of Minoru Mukaiya (ex. Casiopea) which was her first time experience in a full scale recording.
- 2012 (9 years old)· Starred in promotional events and videos of Roland V-Drums.
- 2009 (6 years old)· Her parents posted a video of her playing drums on YouTube which caught the eyes of officials. Which lead to co-starring with Minoru Mukaiya (ex. Casiopea). and regular co-starring afterwards. Since then she’s been featured in a number of media (TV, radio, magazines) and has been co-starring with various artists.
- 2008 (5 years old)· She started to study drumming under Yoshihiko Iwai (session drummer).
Born in Japan, Noriko Terada started her musical life with the piano at the age of 3. Later, at the age of 11, she began playing percussion which she quickly fell in love with. Noriko has become internationally known for her percussion recordings for hugely popular video games Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy XIII-3 and Chrono Cross Official Live.
As a multi-percussionist, she has performed at numerous venues and festivals/conventions, including Emmy Awards, Carnegie Hall, The Kennedy Center, The Blue Note NY, Montreal Jazz Festival, TED and many others. While touring with the world-famous Tap Dogs dance ensemble and Video Game Orchestra, Noriko performed in countries such as Japan, America, Australia, France, South Africa, England, Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, Singapore, China, Germany and Dubai. She has also made numerous high-profile TV appearances, including “CCTV New Year’s Global Gala” in China, “ZDF Fernsehgarten” in Germany and “Le Plus Grand Cabaret Du Mondo” in France.
A graduate of Berklee College of Music, Noriko has developed a great deal of versatility in musical styles. In addition to being heavily involved in the video game music world, she has performed with various mainsteam Pop, Rock and Jazz bands and numerous musical artists— from Grammy winning artist Kanye West’s Sunday Service and Anjelique Kidjo to Don Was, top film composer Alan Silvestri and many others.
- TRX Cymbals Artist
- Recording Academy/ GRAMMY Voting Member