Mika Watanabe was born in Yokosuka, Japan in 1988. She started playing drums at age of 16, as a member of “Spitz” cover band formed with her high school friends. She decided to be the professional drummer at age of 18 and joined so many various jam sessions. Since then, Mika has been working professionally and performed for numerous bands and artists in Tokyo, Japan.
She studied at the drummers training institution “Muraishi Drum Dojo” for about 3 years, and now, she continues studying with well known drummer, Shiino Kyoichi.
In 2018, Mika was selected as the finalist of the Hit Like A Girl Contest in the over 18 age group. In 2020, she was selected as the Japan Regional champion in the over 18 age group.
Mika likes music irrespective of the genre that floats in various scenes. Especially loves Stevie Nicks, Alicia Keys, Hikaru Utada, YUKI, Kazuya Yoshii, Dave Grohl. Her dream is to perform with them in her own band.
Continuing to explore roots of many music, art, and culture deeply, through the drums, is her lifework. Besides being a drummer, she works as a music blogger which is another one of her passions in addition to drumming.
・Hit Like A Girl 2018 ☆ Champion (under 18)
・Hit Like A Girl 2017 ☆ 2nd runner up (under 18)
My name is Yuki Ogawa.
I am 16 years old.
I’ve been playing the drums since I was 3 year old.
3 years ago, I was extremely pleased to become the champion of “Hit Like A Girl 2018” in the 10th year since I’ve started to play the drums!
As a judge this year, I am honored to be involved in the contest.
I would like to make the “Hit Like A Girl 2021” exciting together with you!
Good luck and best wishes !
Now, I’d like to introduce my career a little.
・2013’ CD Release : “Prologue” by Yuki Ogawa (Gekidan-Himawari “Asuka Monogatari” Stage music)
・2014’ Recordings : “Asuka Monogatari” by Tenchi Garaku
・2014’ 2015’ 2016’ 2019’ Performance / tour : “Kyoji Yamamoto Sanyo tour” support drummer
・2017’ Recordings : “Yamato Mahoroba” by Tenchi Garaku
・2018’ I formed my own band “Big Bang Attack”
Born in Saitama Prefecture in 2002, Kanade Sato was familiar with Jazz fusion and Pop music from an early age. She self-taught the melody of “Spain” (Chick Corea), before speaking words. She started playing drums at 3 years old, and decided to become a professional drummer at 5 years old.
- 2020 (18 years old)· Appeared in on-line event “DRUMHEAD LIVE 2020”. (Other performers include legendary drummers such as Steve Gadd, Peter Erskine and Simon Phillips.)
- 2019 (16 years old)· Joined the album of Rie a.k.a. Suzaku (which is known as one of the few female technical guitarists.). It’s her major 1st album “Top Runner”.· Appeared at “METAL MATSURI” held in London as a support member of Rie a.k.a. Suzaku.
- 2018 (15 years old)· Performed on “ASAGIRI JAM 2018” as a member of NHK E-Tele “Musika Piccolino”.
- 2017 (14 years old)· TV program NHK E-Tele “Musika Piccolino (Season 5)” appeared as “Lunetta”.· Endorsement contract with Pearl Drums.· Formed “Ear Candy Jazz Factory” with Rei Narita (Pf) and Naoko Sakurai (Bs). Held a debut live in Jakarta.
- 2016 (13 years old)· Appeared in Singapore Drum Fest 2016. Accomplished her first overseas foray.
- 2014 (11 years old)· Won the “Grand Prix” award in global competition of women drummer “HIT LIKE A GIRL” Under 18 Age Group.
- 2013 (10 years old)· Participated in the recording of Minoru Mukaiya (ex. Casiopea) which was her first time experience in a full scale recording.
- 2012 (9 years old)· Starred in promotional events and videos of Roland V-Drums.
- 2009 (6 years old)· Her parents posted a video of her playing drums on YouTube which caught the eyes of officials. Which lead to co-starring with Minoru Mukaiya (ex. Casiopea). and regular co-starring afterwards. Since then she’s been featured in a number of media (TV, radio, magazines) and has been co-starring with various artists.
- 2008 (5 years old)· She started to study drumming under Yoshihiko Iwai (session drummer).
Born in Japan, Noriko Terada started her musical life with the piano at the age of 3. Later, at the age of 11, she began playing percussion which she quickly fell in love with. Noriko has become internationally known for her percussion recordings for hugely popular video games Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy XIII-3 and Chrono Cross Official Live.
As a multi-percussionist, she has performed at numerous venues and festivals/conventions, including Emmy Awards, Carnegie Hall, The Kennedy Center, The Blue Note NY, Montreal Jazz Festival, TED and many others. While touring with the world-famous Tap Dogs dance ensemble and Video Game Orchestra, Noriko performed in countries such as Japan, America, Australia, France, South Africa, England, Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, Singapore, China, Germany and Dubai. She has also made numerous high-profile TV appearances, including “CCTV New Year’s Global Gala” in China, “ZDF Fernsehgarten” in Germany and “Le Plus Grand Cabaret Du Mondo” in France.
A graduate of Berklee College of Music, Noriko has developed a great deal of versatility in musical styles. In addition to being heavily involved in the video game music world, she has performed with various mainsteam Pop, Rock and Jazz bands and numerous musical artists— from Grammy winning artist Kanye West’s Sunday Service and Anjelique Kidjo to Don Was, top film composer Alan Silvestri and many others.
- TRX Cymbals Artist
- Recording Academy/ GRAMMY Voting Member