Name: Nancy Koritz
Location: Ladera Ranch, California, United States
I’m a married mom of 3 daughters living in southern California. I grew up in Ohio so I appreciate California weather every single day. I’m 54 years old and started playing snare in the 6th grade. I was chosen as “Head Drummer” my senior year in high school, not because I had the most talent ( I definately did not) but because all the other drummers were pretty much delinquents.
I haven’t played since my youth but decided to start taking lessons last year. It is so much fun. My kids think it is cool mom plays but I do hear “Mom, please stop… I’m trying to study.”
I want to raise kind, confident daughters who believe girls can do anything. Here are 5 interesting/weird facts about me:
1. I once beehived my hair so it was 15″ high
2. In college I worked at a store that sold Rapper Clothing
3. I’ve been to all 7 Continents
4. If I go to McDonalds drive-thru, I pay for the person behind me. Pay it forward
5. I once went through the car wash with the windows down. On purpose.
6. I lived in Toronto for 4 years. Love that diverse, tolerant and fun city!
Let’s get more girls drumming!