My journey as a drummer started many years ago . . .
Several Years Later
- Stopped piano lessons because I was forced to take them.
- Signed up for beginning band because I’ve always loved music. I was placed in percussion because of my piano experience even though I wanted to play the flute . Thankfully, fate brought me to the drums because it was love at first sight!
- Santa Claus brought me a drum set and I commenced private drum set lessons (which sucked!).
- Percussionist in my high school’s concert and marching bands.
- Discontinued drum set lessons
- Resumed drum set lessons with a new teacher
- Drummer in my high school’s jazz band
- Discontinued private drum set lessons.
- Commenced playing drums with the Methodist Church band in Gainesville, FL. I played with them for about 2 years.
- Joined the Methodist Church band at the University of Miami. I played with them for about a year. Concurrently, I joined Agape – a church band – and I played with them for about a year.
- Commenced providing private drum set lessons. The drum set lessons evolved into 2learn®, which later became 2learn® Inc., a non-profit company.
- Judge for the Guitar Center Drum Off at the Kendall, FL store.
- Rejoined Agape, which is now called Generación Agape.
- Closed 2learn® which ended an almost 4 year adventure of teaching drummers of all shapes, sizes, and colors.
- Left Generación Agape.
- Started my YouTube Channel where I upload drum covers of Modern Christian Rock songs in English and in Spanish.
- Joined Naked Vengeance - a local metal band.
I’ve been playing drums for 18 years now and because I love it, I’ll continue playing until the end of eternity!
Please click here for my full drumming bio.